Navigating the Legal Aspects of Divorce are Challenging at Best
Between Finding the Right Attorney, Gathering Evidence, Preparing for Court, and Not Leaving Yourself Vulnerable with Social Media Posts It is Easy to Get Overwhelmed.
This course covers three modules from the Divorce Recovery Ladder Program
- Hiring the Right Attorney for your Case
Your case is only as good as your attorney and not all attorneys are alike. Hiring an attorney is not about their nice office or if they were good for your friend’s divorce. Yet, many of us hire attorneys for all the wrong reasons. Your divorce attorney is the person who will help you make decisions that will impact the rest of your life. This is why you need the best possible one to represent you.
- Gathering Evidence & Preparing for Court
The Courtroom Can Be a Very Imposing Place. That is because it is where decisions will be made for the rest of your life. You need to make a good impression and represent yourself in the best possible way on the day of your divorce. Judges watch and listen carefully to how litigants conduct themselves in the courtroom. Too often, litigants make egregious mistakes due to a lack of courtroom protocol knowledge.
- Avoiding the Pitfalls of Social Media Use
Avoid the Pitfalls of Social Media Use That Could Cause You to Lose Your Case. We all love social media!! Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat are part of our daily lives that we cannot imagine living without. Texts and emails are also included in the social medial milieu. However, there is a dark side to social media so you have to beware.
In these modules, you will learn…
- The ten questions to ask any prospective attorney
- The answers you must receive for each one of the ten questions
- How a retainer works
- How to prepare to be the ideal client for your attorney
- How to dress for court
- Imperative conduct for a good outcome
- Ways to keep your emotions calm during the hearing/trial
- How to feel confident for your day in court.
- Why social media can be detrimental to your divorce.
- Which kind of Facebook postings can cause you to lose your case
- What emails are absolutely not acceptable.
- Why must you be careful when you text!!