- What is a best interest attorney (also called Guardian Ad Litem)?
- What is a custody evaluator?
- What is a parenting coordinator?
- Why would your attorney recommend a best interest attorney for your children?
- Advantages of a best interest attorney for your children
- Disadvantages of a best interest attorney for your children
- Why is a custody evaluator appointed to your case?
- Advantages of a custody evaluator
- Disadvantages of a custody evaluator
- Why would a parenting coordinator be assigned to your case?
- Advantages of a parenting coordinator
- Disadvantages of a parenting coordinator
- Once the court appoints a professional …
- Dealing with court-appointed professionals
- If the professional seems biased
- If you think the professionals are damaging your case
- Are these court professionals beneficial to your case?
Court-appointed professionals may profoundly impact you and your children. Learn what they do, whether or not they will be helpful to your case, and if they are already involved, how you should deal with them.